*Paint/Blast– ( MATURE, DEPENDABLE, RESPONSIBLE WORKERS NEEDED )*
PAINT & BLAST Job Description
Division: Alvarado, TX
Department: Paint Booth
Job Title: Painter & Blaster
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Scope of Responsibility: Under the direction of the Supervisor and Lead, the Painter & Blaster performs all duties in the paint & blast process, such as surface preparation, spray-gun application of liquid coatings, wrapping painted products for shipment, operating heavy equipment to move product around the large pole coating facility and perform abrasive blasting to prepare products for application of liquid coatings. The painter/blaster is also responsible for understanding and complying with safety and environmental regulations and policies as they pertain to the painting & blasting procedures.
- Operate large forklifts and all associated paint/compressor equipment including guns, hoppers and collection systems
- Follow blueprints for the coating dimensions and measurements accurately
- Prepare and set-up/blast with sand, shot, or grit
- Use blaster to prepare part or assembly surface for coating
- Prepare paints. Use wet and dry film.
- Apply high build epoxies according to project specifications Apply paint. Use professional painting techniques with industrial spray equipment, airbrushes and industrial paint booth methodologies while following SSPC painting practices
- Utilize a variety of spraying devices airless and air powered sprayers
- Maintain paint equipment and troubleshoot or report issues
- Clean and maintain associated compressors
- Achieve/maintain consistent DFT
- Electronically collect labor hours and track process information on each job
- Identify material by job number, piece mark, labels and/or other applicable indicators
- Maintain compliance with regulations and policies regarding safe storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes
- Follow established housekeeping standards
- Additional duties as assigned
- Prior paint booth/blast and Manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Regular, consistent & timely attendance is required
- Must be able to obtain STS Crane/Forklift Certification
- Experience using forklifts highly preferred
- Knowledge of hand tools, grinders and proper PPE during use
- Knowledge of basic shop mathematics, addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals
- Basic understanding of English is required. Ability to speak, read and write in English highly preferred
- Must know, or be able to learn, how to read a tape measure and blueprints
- High School Diploma, or equivalent preferred
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 75 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, tugging, stooping, bending, twisting, crawling and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, ability to pick/pinch and work with fingers, repetitive motions of wrists/hands/finger, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Effectively and safely utilizes ladders, manlifts, forklifts, overhead cranes, etc. Ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Must be able to work in an open environment for long shifts (including weekends) exposed to extreme temperatures, standing entire shift
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources
- Visual acuity to perform visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes
- Ability to perform duties in confined areas wearing all necessary PPE including protective clothing and respirators
*PLEASE COME APPLY IN PERSON AT*
ALWAYS THERE 4U STAFFING
206 NE Wilshire Blvd.
Burleson, TX 76028
RECRUITER CONTACT: (817) 367-9144
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
SALARY: $13+ / Hour DOE
[wpseo_map max_number=”undefined” width=”1000″ height=”350″ zoom=”-1″ map_style=”roadmap” scrollable=”1″ draggable=”1″ show_route=”1″ show_state=”0″ show_phone=”0″ show_phone_2=”0″ show_fax=”0″]