NO BACK GROUND
- Previous industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting
- Previous forklift and overhead crane experience
- Must use good judgment, follow instructions and have good problem-solving abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English required
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Will be required to work weekends and unplanned overtime
- Safely provide mechanical, electrical and hydraulic industrial maintenance support for a galvanizing manufacturing plant and equipment. Equipment includes a galvanizing kettle, forklifts, overhead cranes, tools and more.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Inspect and determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts using calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments
- Fabricate repair parts, jigs, stands, racks and specialized equipment by using machine shop instrumentation and equipmenT
- Run, maneuver, navigate or drives heavy equipment or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, manlifts, overhead cranes, etc.
- Maintain equipment, parts and inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and notifying management when additional items need to be ordered
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists, cranes and hand and power tools and examine form and texture of parts
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with housekeeping, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Additional duties as assigned
1st Shift 7 am to 7 pm ( Rotating schedules )
2nd Shift 7 pm to 7 am ( Rotating Schedules )
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /year