The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Works under general supervision.
• Ability to read documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisor and co-workers.
• Knowledge of general computer programs including Microsoft Office products, e-mail and the Internet.
• Ability to operate office equipment including fax machine, telephone, copier and postage meter.
• Hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills required.
• Competent with more advanced maintenance and repairs.
• High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
• +3 years of manufacturing experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform machinist duties and responsibilities, fabrication when necessary.
• Operate a forklift, and work from heights using man lifts or ladders.
• Perform advanced mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals, electrical schematics, technical drawings, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Operates office equipment including fax machine, telephone, copier and postage meter.
• May have exposure to semi-confidential information.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to loud noise levels; fumes or airborne particles; noxious odors; vibrations from driving and traffic. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach; with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, night vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.